Monday, March 20, 2006

Snow Play



I took the kids up to Frazier Park on Saturday so we could play in the snow. Tiya hadn't been feeling good since the Thursday prior but she had been bugging me to go to the snow for a week. I probably shouldn't have taken her but hey, typical father right?

Frazier Park is about an hour north of our house. We actually drove through Frazier Park and headed towards Mt. Pinos. We had so much fun. There was between 6 to 12 inches of snow on the ground and it was the perfect temperature for snow balls (insert mischevious laughter here). Yeah, I taught the kids a thing or two about throwing snow balls. It sure brought back some great memories from my childhood. Tiya and Devyn brought a skateboard deck and a skim board, in true California fashion, to slide on. They were really good at it too.





Mckenna spent the whole time eating snow. I told her to stay away from the yellow stuff. It ended up snowing most of the time we were there- it was awesome!

After a couple of hours we had enough so we packed it up and headed down the mountain. It was raining pretty hard when we got home so we rented a couple of movies and made soup for dinner. A perfect day! The next morning we paid for it though. Tiya woke up feeling really sick and I got to hear "I told you so" from her mother.

Such is life.

No comments: