Friday, September 30, 2005

My budget is on a diet.

It is that time again... time to tighten the belt. Every so often I go through a cleansing phase where I streamline bills and expenses. I guess I wouldn't call it a phase so much as necessity. Things have gotten pretty tight lately and for the life of me I can not figure out why. I'm still making the same amount of money which by most standards is a respectable income. The only major debts that I have are my rent and my car. Granted I pay $1000 / mo. in child support but, I have been doing that for a while now. I think the biggest problem is that I sold my house and am renting right now. I'm guessing that I am probably loosing $300- $400 a month in deductions. Maybe it is because the cost of living is going up - who knows.

I turned off the house phone and cable this week. I figured that since we have at least 2 cell phones in the house we could perhaps do without a house phone. Turning off the cable... now that was the hard one! Tiya said, "Dad, you're not going to be able to watch Sci Fi." Yeah, that was a hard one. I think that Mckenna is taking it the hardest not being able to watch Sponge Bob. I did this before when Tiya and Devyn were younger- Mckenna wasn't born yet- so I don't think it will bother them so much. The last time I tuned off cable we were without TV for 2 years. Pull out the game boards!

No comments: