Tiya and Devyn both got their progress reports recently and I couldn't be more proud! All A's and B's. Tiya is more like me when I was in school. She has to work a little harder for her grades, while Devyn makes it seem so effortless. Sorry Tiya, you take after Daddy in that respect but, maybe you will appreciate the fruits of your hard work more.
The kids always hear me harping about their grades and how C's in most cases just tell me they are not trying. I hope that they understand that it isn't the grade at all that I care about but the effort they put forth. I just want, as most parents do I suppose, for them to try their hardest. It is after all to better themselves. Teaching them that they can accomplish anything they put their minds to and put effort into has always been important to me. Unfortunately, effort, they have to learn for themselves is not just going through the motions but instead is sometimes very hard work. This is something that is not so easily taught in todays society with so much instant gratification around us and so many things being disposable. If something is not easily accomplished kids often view it as unattainable.
No comments:
Post a Comment