Monday, January 16, 2006

Calls from my Girls

I got two crazy calls from my girls today while I was at work. The kids had the day off from school for Martin Luther King day.

Mckenna called to inform me that she skated all be herself. She was so proud of herself and so excited. This is really something, let me tell you, since we haven't yet been able to get her out on the ice for more than 5 minutes when we take her skating.

Tiya called to tell me that she cut her hair really short. You have to realize that Tiya hasn't had her hair short since she was about 3 years old when she pulled out a pair of scissors and went to town on her own head. By the look of her head you could tell that hair was a fly'n. The lady at the hair salon had to cut her hair even shorter in order to fix it. It traumatized her so bad that she has kept it long ever since and just the mention of trimming her hair would get you looks that would send shivers down your spine. She got to a point where she would let Daddy trim the ends but I was the only one she would allow to touch her hair. I stopped by her mother's house tonight on the way home from work to see her hair cut and she looked really pretty.

No comments: