Monday, January 16, 2006

Mountain Biking: Aliso Viejo


From left to right: Betsy, Me, Sam, Able and Billy

Saturday was an awesome day for riding. You couldn't ask for better weather! It was cool and slightly overcast with impending rain. Our only concern was that we wouldn't finish the ride before the rain actually fell. You know, in fact, California is really as great as everyone says it is. Here I am mountain biking in beautiful Aliso Viejo- minutes from the beach- and the only thing I can think that might be better is biking in Hawaii.


Able and Chris (From the Backbone Racing Team)


Sam taking a breather (He took quite a few of these)


Chris taking a hill

I did so much better on this ride than the last ride. I had so much energy. My breakfast wasn't even nagging me this time! We rode some incredible single track that was fairly technical. We had some steep but short uphill climbs followed by some technical downhill single track. I went riding with a great group of people- friends that I have made recently. There were six of us altogether with skills ranging from beginner to expert. I was somewhere in the middle. The experts dissapeared into the distance and the beginners fell behind into the distance and I looked around making sure I wasn't going to be pounced on by Mountain Lions.

We made it back to the car as it started to sprinkle just like the last ride we went on.

No comments: