Thursday, April 13, 2006

My Mommy Works for Candy

Let me start by explaining that Mckenna's mother is currently freelancing for a company that designs packaging for candy and has been bringing home a lot of candy from work lately...

So... A couple of weekends ago while the kids and I were visiting my Dad we went to Sport Chalet to look at bike parts. My Dad and I were busy at the bike service counter and the kids were all sitting on the bikes. A little boy and girl about Mckenna's age came walking up to her and started talking to her. The conversation quickly became an "I can top that" competition for some reason known only to 6 year olds.

Mckenna, standing near a pocket bike, says "I have one of these at home" - which she doesn't.
The little boy, sure to top her says, "My sister and I both have one and we have bikes and gocarts too."
Mckenna, thinking quickly and perhaps desperately, counters with, "My uncle made mine," pointing to the pocket bike.
Her formidable adversary strikes back with, "My Dad has $80 dollars in a bank for me and my sister."
Mckenna, determined to terminate this competition once and for all says, "Oh yeah, well my mommy works for candy."

Mckenna walked away victorious.


No comments: