Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Rainy Day Ramblings

The Sky's opened wide and the ocean's of Heaven spilled down upon the people. Freeways became parking lots and drivers became stupid.

The one thing that Southern California freeways offer is time. You could lose a lifetime sitting in this traffic. Add rain to your daily commute and you could keep Saint Peter himself waiting at the pearly gates for you.

I find myself reading the license plates around me and trying to make words and phrases out of all the random numbers and letters- I can't help myself. I'm like a crack fiend looking for my next fix. OCD maybe? Not quite sure. If I start believing that God is speaking to me through license plates please send help.

People watching is inevitable but you quickly get bored with the people around you hoping that they change lanes letting new faces take their place. This morning I looked over at the car next to me and the guy is picking his nose. Not a casual itching of the nose but a finger into the third knuckle- my brain itches- kind of digging for the mother load picking. That is when it dawned on me... We are all just a bunch of monkeys driving around in our Mercedes and our Beemers. We're primates- no different than the ones in the zoos picking their noses and their asses. We just live in better trees, shave the excess hair off of our bodies and drive better cars- well, they don't drive cars... but anyway.

I suddenly realized that we're all going about busy lives trying to make as much noise as possible, trying to be heard and trying to feel important but underneath everything fancy and expensive we all still pick our noses.

No comments: