Friday, October 21, 2005

Tiya's First "Outing" With a Boy

I'm really not ready nor am I willing to call it a date. I'm sure I never will be. She is only 14 yrs. old and I am her father after all. So let's just say that it's her first boyfriend (that I know of) and that they went to see a movie together this afternoon. There, that's a little better. Not completely better but the pain is a little less sharp. I'm afraid my little "Tom Boy" will be putting away her skateboard before too long. I hope not though- she struggled a bit to find her own identity. She is proud of the fact that she is a "Skater Girl" and that she is unique in her own right. It took me a long time to settle with the fact that I couldn't pick out cute little girl clothes for my daughter but I have grown to like it. I'm proud that she is her own person and that she thinks for herself and that she has very strong convictions. I hope that as she becomes a woman she will still go play hockey with Daddy.

No comments: