Your mother had so many good qualities that it is difficult to know where to start.

In 22years of marriage I never once heard her say anything negative about anyone. Never did I hear her raise her voice in anger. She had a certain angelical way in her demeanor that attracted people to her in a very positive way. She was sensitive and easily made to cry and at the same time was so very strong. She certainly stood by her convictions.
I remember the first time I met your mother. It was on the school bus during the 7th grade. I discounted ever being able to approach her to start a conversation, because I looked at her as being someone that was unapproachable, so I thought. I did not get the opportunity because she transferred to another school. (Clarkston High while I attended Waterford Township High.) Then when I continued on to the 10th grade my best friend (Cliff) and I started going to a dance every Friday night. Then I saw your mother again and after approximately 5-6 weeks and being pushed by Cliff, I asked her to dance with me “I didn’t know how to dance, but moved my feet in make believe.” She complemented me on how well I danced! She was really being nice I thought. She was so good at following that she even made me look good! My hands were sweating so badly that I was becoming embarrassed. Your mother won so many dancing contests and who was I?! I never missed another Friday night of dancing and slowly learned how to dance so that I would not hesitate to ask her every time I went. Then a few more weeks passed and I got enough nerve to ask her out on a date. I never expected her to say “yes”, but how jubilant I was when she accepted. Our first date was the drive-in theatre. I sat on my side of the car and she sat on the other side and made small talk. I watched the movie, but to this day I can not tell you what the movie was! When I took her home I got my first kiss and a chill went all the way down my spine to the very bottom of my soul. I knew then that I was in love and this was the girl that I would marry some day. WOW!!

She was by far the greatest wife and mother in the whole of this world. Husband and children came first, and in that order. She made me so proud. Church and religion was most important in her life and she would always make the attempt to attend services every week and tried to see to it that her entire family joined her. I could not help but to marvel at her convictions and her dedication to her family and church. Her heart was so full of love for her family and children and was the forefront of her life. Even during her illness I never heard her complain or criticize, but accepted what was happening to her as God’s will.

Your mother loved the sun. She would lay for hours in the sun. She got the most beautiful tan. I remember going with her to the little house on a lake in Clarkston that belonged to your Antie and Papa. We would swim out to the floating dock and lay there getting tan ( I would get burned! ) In the evening sometimes we would go to the drive-in movies. I remember I was asked to take your Aunt Sandy this one particular evening. When we got there your aunt Sandy wanted to sit on my lap and I said okay. What a mistake! Your Aunt Sandy wet her pants all over me! Your mother and I laughed about that for weeks.
We spent much of our time with our best friends The Fasnaughs. The Fasnaughs had a home on White Lake. We had many a parties there. Jim and I would water ski or fish while your mother and Carol visted. I also remember that Carol was quite the boater. One day we all went for a boat ride and stopped off at an lsland on the other side of the lake from the Fasnaughs. While Jim and I went exploring, Carol and your mother took off and left us there. After having their fun they finally returned and picked us up. What a laugh that was! (for your mother and Carol). We had soooo much fun!
I'm sure that you must remember your trips to Florida with your mother. I remember driving all day to reach Bradenton just to be with all of you kids and your mother. I remember strolling the beach with you kids and your mother looking for shells. Just being together was so delightful. "Even though I can not bring them back or repeat the trips, the memories will be with me for the rest of my life."

There is never a day in my life that she is not in my thoughts. I can’t possibly express my memories of your mother of 27 years, in such a short period of time. How really grand it was to have known and loved someone like your mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment