I took Devyn and Mckenna with me this year to the 5th Annual Toyota 200- I missed not having them with me at last years race. Tiya went to the movies with a friend and missed out on all the fun. We got to the races at 11:00 am which was just in time for the 4th Annual Roadracing World 250/50 series. 250cc bikes race 50 miles around Willow Springs 2.5 mile international raceway. I was shocked to find that the tickets were $30/ per person. I didn't remember it costing that much the year before. I had Mckenna lay down in the back of the Explorer so we only had to pay for two tickets. As it turned out children 8 and under were free anyway. Mckenna spent the rest of the day asking why she had to lay down in the back of the car. It was a beautiful day! Not a cloud in the sky and from the stands on turn 4 you can see the entire Antelope Valley. I wasn't prepared for so much sun though and got my face burned to a crisp. Next time... sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen.There were several crashes throughout the 250/50 race and on the final turn on the final lap there was a crash involving 3 riders. The race finished but all of the emergency vehicles tended to the riders in the crash. After about an hour I noticed that the vehicles were still out there. As it turned out one of the riders had died in the crash. The main race was being postponed until the coroner arrived. After about an hour and a half Mckenna was getting fidgety. She wasn't going to last much longer so we headed home. I went to the ticket booth and was somehow able to talk them into giving us our money back. Not quite sure how I managed that one!
We stopped to get something to eat on the way home at Taco Bell. We all had a lot of fun - Mckenna didn't want to leave. We will definitely be coming back for more races.
See last years article "God Likes Races."
No comments:
Post a Comment