Monday, October 30, 2006

Carving Pumpkins


We tried something a little different this year with our Halloween pumpkins. Instead of the typical carving we took it a few steps further and pulled out the wood carving tools. I'm sure it has been a good 15 years since I have carved anything but it was so much fun. I saw some pics on the internet of some artist who is doing this and thought it was an awesome idea.

Mckenna, Devyn and I spent Saturday afternoon together while Tiya went to Magic Mountain for Fright Fest. Devyn helped Mckenna carve her pumpkin while I carved a face in another. It took awhile to carve but was definitely worth it. The kids were amazed. Devyn went to a Halloween party Saturday evening and Mckenna and I watched The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Devyn, Mckenna and I drove out to Dad's for a visit on Sunday - Tiya went with a friend to a pumpkin patch. Devyn was anxious to try carving a pumpkin of his own so we took the carving tools and pumpkins to Dad's with us. He was very proud of his pumpkin (the pumpkin with vampire like teeth) - it turned out great! This is definitely going to become a Halloween tradition.

No comments: