This is an account of events, a record of experiences, ideas and reflections. These are my scratch, scribble and ramblings...
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Hockey 3
I had my Hockey class last night. It was my 3rd time at hockey this week. It was an intense class. There were a few times where I could hardly controll my breathing long enough to take a drink of water. They sure worked us. I still need a lot of work at passing and shooting. We scrimaged for the last 30 minutes. There weren't that many people in class so we played 4 on 4 instead of 5 on 5. It made for a quicker game and less time to rest. It was great! At one point last night the puck got hit out of the other teams zone and back into ours so everyone started skating for the puck. Another guy and I were skating for it and I was not about to let him get it- I'm tired of being slow. I took off past him and he couldn't catch up to me. At some point a few other players came in from the side and we all converged on the puck at the same time. We all went down and I ended up on the bottom of the pile. I escaped without any damage and laughed for a few minutes. Man, that was fun. I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing while playing forward. Everything moves so fast that it is hard to keep track of where your team mates are. I suppose as I get more experience and get better things won't seem to move so fast. I find that if I slow myself down and think I do much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment