I was really tired yesterday from camping last week and had second thoughts about even going to hockey. By the evening I had gotten a little bit of a second wind and figured I would go to hockey. Bad choice- I should have just stayed home. 15 minutes into class we were doing "Ladders" where we skate as fast as we can from one side of the rink to the other. As I was skating to the board and beginning to stop my right blade caught an edge, twisted my ankle and I went down. I slid into the boards and hit the ankle that I had just twisted. That was it for me. They helped me off the ice and I went to the emergency room. I got to the emergency room by 8:30 pm and didn't leave till 1:45 am. The bone that I broke was the main suport for the ankle. They didn't cast it because they wanted me to go to an orthopedic specialist and said that I may need a pin in my ankle. Pin?! Sounds painful to me!
Doesn't look like I will be playing hockey anytime soon. I'm so mad!! I was just getting into it. I was getting better and even thinking about getting on a team. I wonder how this will affect me. I guess that I will just have to wait, heal and see. I'm so bummed. Not to mention of course that I can't ride my motor cycle or fly. Talk about being grounded!
1 comment:
Shawn, I am so sorry. Do you need anything?
When are you going to know what they are going to do? Please keep us advised.
Sue
Post a Comment