I could barely drive home this last Monday evening on my bike. It just didn't have any power. It felt like the bike didn't have any compression. Like it was being choked or something. I took it into the shop on Tuesday morning and yesterday evening they told me that the number 1 cylinder has only 95 lbs of compression. Apparently it is supposed to have 180 lbs. "The bad news," they said is that they have to take the engine out and open it up to see what is going on. The previous owner didn't put an air filter on the bike and now there is a lot of dirt in the intake. Who knows how long the filter has been off. I'm guessing as much as 20k miles.
I don't know if I'm more upset by what it's going to cost or that I have to commute in my car. Either way it is a drag. I'm supposed to find out this morning what they find.
Fingers crossed...
No comments:
Post a Comment