It's been a while since I have flown so I figured today I would go down to the plane and do some pattern work. I slept in, made breakfast, got ready, grabbed my flight bag and drove 25 minutes to the plane. I got to the plane, took the cover off, removed the chalks and the tie-downs, went to get in the plane to do the pre-flight and that was when I realized that I had forgotten...
...the keys to the plane. Arrrrrrrrggggghhh!!!
I replaced the chalks, tie-downs and cover, drove at least 35 minutes home (this time there was traffic), ate lunch, GRABBED THE KEYS, and drove back to the airport. I did my pre-flight, run-up and took off. Pattern work can be boring and hot some times but I really needed it. I was in the pattern for an hour and a half and did 10 take-offs and 10 landings. I think that next time I will probably fly out over Santa Clarita and practice some flight maneuvers.
Next time I will not forget my keys!
No comments:
Post a Comment