I went to AAA a couple of weeks ago to renew the registration for my bike. A lady who worked there saw my leather jacket and asked where my motorcycle was. I told her that it was parked outside. She went on to tell me that her husband rode a sport bike, that he met with a bunch of other riders on Tuesday nights at Wahoo's and that I should show up. Now, if I had to guess, I would say that this lady was at least 5 years older than me which lead me to believe that her husband was at least 5 years older than me so you can imagine how surprised I was when I pulled up to see a scene out of "Biker Boys." There were at least 20 sport bikes with riders who looked like they might just barely be out of High School - maybe. Don't get me wrong, I was glad to find a place where sport bikes meet instead of the typical choppers. Usually I ride by a place with dozens of Harley's only to get weird looks, as if my sport bike doesn't belong.
I picked Tiya up last night and she rode with me to Wahoo's to check out this "Bike Night." When we pulled into the parking lot we saw all the bikes parked over on the side of the restaurant. As we rode through and parked it didn't seem really friendly. Usually when I have met other riders they are friendly and want to check out your bike but that wasn't the vibe I was getting and Tiya agreed. We parked the bike with all the other bikes and decided to go into Wahoo's to get her a couple of tacos and a drink. After we were done we went back to the bike with the intention to leave. Another couple of guys rode up on their bikes, came over to say hello and said that this was the first time they had been here. One of the guys introduces himself as "Z." LOL! What ever! We ended up staying and talking with these guys for a little bit but, as the bikes started to thin out I realized that it was getting late and that I needed to get Tiya home- she had school the next day. When we got home Tiya said that she had a lot of fun.
"Z" said that he and a few guys were going riding this weekend and that he would call me if I wanted to join them. Not so sure that I want to start riding through the canyons.
No comments:
Post a Comment