Monday, November 07, 2005

Hang'n with my Son


Devyn and I hung out this weekend. A much needed weekend of Father and Son bonding. I picked him up Saturday afternoon and we went to the driving range. We hit a couple buckets of balls and practiced our putting on the practice green till it got dark, which is only 4:30- 5:00 this time of year. He cracks me up!! He has this "Happy Gilmore" swing that he likes to use and he actually hits it really far. Hey, I guess what ever works!

After the driving range we went to Borders book store for a little while. I was trying to waste time till the live music started at Java and Jazz but, Devyn didn't seem all that "jazzed" about the music so we went home. He was interested in learning the 3D program that I use so we started to build a 3D model of a sword. Now... first glance at a sword and you're thinking... this will be a breeze- no sweat. OK... that's what I was thinking. We got as far as making most of the handle before we decided that this was going to be an ongoing project.

We popped some popcorn and watched a movie before going to bed. It was a great Saturday! I got one-on-one time with my son. I think maybe I needed it more than he did.

No comments: