

Me and my little witchy poo.
Mckenna really enjoyed Halloween this year. She was so excited to go to school in her costume. Halloween was on Monday but they celebrated on the Friday before because the school was closed for Halloween. What is up with that? Closed for Halloween? Since when? We never got the day off when I was in grade school. We had to shlep around all day in our costumes and then rush home to collect our fair share of candy around the neighborhood. I remember, what seemed like hundreds of kids running from door to door trick-or-treating. Now days the streets are almost empty. Where did all the kids go? I think the holiday is slowly dying or maybe just transforming- into what I'm not quite sure.
We took Mckenna to the mall to trick-or-treat. She had fun running from store to store in her little witch costume. She was quite the cute little witch too, if ever a witch there was, because, because, because, because, because... because of the wonderful things she does (a little Wizard of OZ reference).

Devyn, Tony (Tiya's boyfriend) and Tiya.
After the mall I met up with Tiya and Devyn, who were at a church party. They looked like they were having a lot of fun also. There were no costumes though because Halloween is "Evil." It seems to me that there is a little bit of a difference between the Occult practicing evil rituals and buying a Barny costume at Kmart and running around the neighborhood begging for candy. But hey, who am I to say- I don't have the Bible memorized.
I think I got a little side tracked... it was a fun night and I got to share it with my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment